Helping Students Break Through the Barriers to Loving Math
Kyle Hamstra and Monica Neagoy
Our traditionalprocess of teaching often kills students’ interest in mathematics. Join us as we look at instructional strategies for fostering a passion and capacity for math.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 578 0
October 20, 2018 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Monica Neagoy is an international consultant, popular keynote speaker and author of Unpacking Fractions: Classroom-Tested Strategies to Build Students’ Mathematical Understanding and Five Pointers to Engage Students in Math Talk(ASCD). Her 25-year mathematics career has included teacher professional development, math specialist training, live television courses, video creation, math app conception, and live math shows. Host Kyle Hamstra is a STEM Specialist at Davis Drive Elementary in Cary, North Carolina and ASCD Emerging Leader 2016.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- RechargedBy Tim RamseyOctober 21, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media