Helping Students Overcome the Stigma of Dyslexia
Sharon Plante with David Flink, Marcus Soutra
Our guests have spent their lives coping with learning differences. They have now created an organization to help the next generation overcome the stigma.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 4.9K 0
February 11, 2015 Special Education
David Flink is Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Eye to Eye. Author of Thinking Differently: An Inspiring Guide for Parents of Children with Learning Disabilities. Marcus Soutra is Think Different Ambassador Chief Operating Officer, Eye to Eye. He has taught in both middle and high school classrooms. In addition to creating Keene State Disabilities Advocates (KSDA), Marcus is the founder of the Keene State College chapter of Eye to Eye. He also co-founded Camp Eye to Eye, the Eye to Eye summer program.
More from Sharon Plante
Latest EDwords Articles
- Put Down the Guns, Pick Up a BookBy Linda MitchellSeptember 23, 2019
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media