Helping Teens Navigate the Sexual Minefield
Dr. Joe Mcilhaney, M.D. & Kathryn Stamoulis, Ph.D.
|Fifty percent of college students have had oral sex in the last 30 days. Our guest explains that one driver is the belief that oral sex is safe. There are 20 million new sexual infections each year and half are those infections are among 15 to 24 year olds. Despite the facts, increasing numbers of teens are playing sexual Russian roulette. What’s a mother to do? Tune in…|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
MORE: Visit Dr. Meg Meeker’s Web Site
Share 2.7K 0
May 8, 2009 Sex Education 2.0
Joe S. McIlhaney, Jr., MD, is a board-certified obstetrician/gynecologist who resides in Austin, Texas, with his wife, Marion. In 1995, he left his private practice of 28 years to devote his full-time attention to working with the Medical Institute for Sexual Health, a nonprofit medical/educational research organization. . Kathryn Stamoulis, Ph.D. is a counselor and educational psychologist residing in New York City. She specializes in adolescent development, specifically adolescent sexuality and internet behaviors.
More from Meg Meeker
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media