Helping Teens to Understand and Manage Their Emotions
Regina Rei Lamourelle with Dr. Mary Lamia, Annie Fox, M.Ed.
|According to our guest, teens often misunderstand and grossly mismanage their emotions. Moreover, many adults also misunderstand the role of emotions in teens and become enablers in the mismanagement of teen emotions. Our guests help us to help teens put their emotions in the right context and respond to their emotions in more productive ways.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.3K 0
January 12, 2013 Teaching Teens
Dr. Mary Lamia is a clinical psychologist and psychoanalyst who works with adults, teens and children in Marin County, California, and the author of EMOTIONS! Making Sense of Your Feelings. Annie Fox, M.Ed. is an educator and award-winning author. Annie’s books include: The Teen Survival Guide to Dating and Relating; Too Stressed to Think? and the new Middle School Confidential book and app series.
More from Dr. Regina Lamourelle
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media