Hey! Give That Kid a Break!
Olga Jarrett, Ph.D with host Rae Pica
|Yes recess matters. In fact, play time is very important, especially if your child has been diagnosed with ADHD. Dr. Olga Jarrett explains why it’s important to make sure you give your kids time out from book learning and how recess actually helps children ( and adults) learn better.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.5K 0
May 2, 2009 Parents Channel
Olga Jarrett is an Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education at Georgia State University in Atlanta. She teaches science teaching methods, child development, research methods, and a doctoral seminar in play. Olga is also president of the American Association for the Child’s Right to Play.Dr. Jarrett teaches science methods in the Early Childhood Education’s Urban Alternative Preparation Program. She is a University Fellow in the Urban Atlanta Coalition Compact.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Reading Success Secrets That Make a Difference!By Rita WirtzAugust 20, 2019
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media