How Can Teachers Best Manage Race and Class Issues In Schools?
Larry Ferlazzo withP. L. Thomas, Ashanti Foster
Race and class are often unspoken issues that teachers must deal with whether we are prepared to or not. Hw can we best manage race and class issues in schools?
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.1K 0
October 14, 2014 Classroom Q and A
P. L. Thomas, Associate Professor of Education (Furman University), taught high school English in South Carolina before moving to teacher education. He is currently a column editor for English Journal and co-editor of Social Context Reform (Routledge). Ashanti Foster serves as ASCD Emerging Leader and Academic Dean at Oxon Hill Middle School in Prince George’s County, Maryland. She is a wife, mother of six and national board certified teacher.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Reading Success Secrets That Make a Difference!By Rita WirtzAugust 20, 2019
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media