How Can Teachers Best Manage Race and Class Issues In Schools?
Larry Ferlazzo withP. L. Thomas, Ashanti Foster
Race and class are often unspoken issues that teachers must deal with whether we are prepared to or not. Hw can we best manage race and class issues in schools?
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.1K 0
October 14, 2014 Classroom Q & A
P. L. Thomas, Associate Professor of Education (Furman University), taught high school English in South Carolina before moving to teacher education. He is currently a column editor for English Journal and co-editor of Social Context Reform (Routledge). Ashanti Foster serves as ASCD Emerging Leader and Academic Dean at Oxon Hill Middle School in Prince George’s County, Maryland. She is a wife, mother of six and national board certified teacher.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in SchoolsBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 9, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media