How Can Teachers Best Manage Race and Class Issues In Schools?
Larry Ferlazzo withP. L. Thomas, Ashanti Foster
Race and class are often unspoken issues that teachers must deal with whether we are prepared to or not. Hw can we best manage race and class issues in schools?
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.1K 0
October 14, 2014 Classroom Q & A
P. L. Thomas, Associate Professor of Education (Furman University), taught high school English in South Carolina before moving to teacher education. He is currently a column editor for English Journal and co-editor of Social Context Reform (Routledge). Ashanti Foster serves as ASCD Emerging Leader and Academic Dean at Oxon Hill Middle School in Prince George’s County, Maryland. She is a wife, mother of six and national board certified teacher.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media