How Can We Reduce Teacher Attrition at High-Poverty Schools?
Larry Ferlazzo with Barnett Berry, Ilana Garon
|In this segment we speak with two teachers who work at high-poverty schools about how we might reduce teacher attrition in high-poverty schools.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.8K 1
February 18, 2014 Classroom Q & A
Barnett Berry is founder, CEO, and partner at the Center for Teaching Quality in Carrboro, NC. He is the lead author of Teacherpreneurs: Innovative Teachers Who Lead But Don’t Leave. Ilana Garon teaches high school English at a public school in the Bronx. She is also the author of Why Do Only White People Get Abducted by Aliens?: Teaching Lessons from the Bronx.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media