How Can We Reduce Teacher Attrition at High-Poverty Schools?
Larry Ferlazzo with Barnett Berry, Ilana Garon
|In this segment we speak with two teachers who work at high-poverty schools about how we might reduce teacher attrition in high-poverty schools.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.8K 1
February 18, 2014 Classroom Q & A
Barnett Berry is founder, CEO, and partner at the Center for Teaching Quality in Carrboro, NC. He is the lead author of Teacherpreneurs: Innovative Teachers Who Lead But Don’t Leave. Ilana Garon teaches high school English at a public school in the Bronx. She is also the author of Why Do Only White People Get Abducted by Aliens?: Teaching Lessons from the Bronx.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media