How Do We Get Underrepresented Groups Interested in Coding?
Sharon Plante, Susan M. Bearden, Justin Staub
African Americans, Latinos and girls have at least one thing in common. They are underrepresented in certain tech classes like coding. How can we change this?
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.7K 0
July 28, 2014 EdTechCHAT
Karina Stevens, a former teacher and administrator, is an education consultant with the Tuscany Group. Susan M. Bearden is the Director of Information Technology at Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy in Melbourne. Sharon Plante is Director of Technology at Eagle Hill-Southport in Southport, CT.
More from Tom Murray
Latest EDwords Articles
- RechargedBy Tim RamseyOctober 21, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media