How Do We Get Underrepresented Groups Interested in Coding?
Sharon Plante, Susan M. Bearden, Justin Staub
African Americans, Latinos and girls have at least one thing in common. They are underrepresented in certain tech classes like coding. How can we change this?
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.7K 0
July 28, 2014 EdTechCHAT
Karina Stevens, a former teacher and administrator, is an education consultant with the Tuscany Group. Susan M. Bearden is the Director of Information Technology at Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy in Melbourne. Sharon Plante is Director of Technology at Eagle Hill-Southport in Southport, CT.
More from Tom Murray
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List? (Just remember these 5 things)By Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- Risky Play for Young Children? Apparently There’s More Risk Without It!By Debra PierceJune 13, 2019
- Should Teachers Wear Jeans?By Rita WirtzJune 8, 2019
- Where Is Differentiation? Schools Are Still Forcing Square Pegs Into Round HolesBy Laurie LevyJune 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media