How Do We Increase Involvement Among Parents Who Are Already Overwhelmed?
Larry Ferlazzo with Darcy Hutchins and Mai Xi Lee
Among the demands of work, family and finance many parents are stretched to their limits. How can we achieve more involvement from this group?
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.1K 0
January 14, 2014 Classroom Q & A
Darcy J. Hutchins, Ph.D., is the Family Partnership Director for the Colorado Department of Education (CDE). She provides support to districts to increase family engagement. Mai Xi Lee is a veteran educator who has worked extensively to engage parents as educational partners. She is currently the Director of Social Emotional Learning in the Sacramento City Unified School District.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media