How Do We Increase Involvement Among Parents Who Are Already Overwhelmed?
Larry Ferlazzo with Darcy Hutchins and Mai Xi Lee
Among the demands of work, family and finance many parents are stretched to their limits. How can we achieve more involvement from this group?
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.1K 0
January 14, 2014 Classroom Q & A
Darcy J. Hutchins, Ph.D., is the Family Partnership Director for the Colorado Department of Education (CDE). She provides support to districts to increase family engagement. Mai Xi Lee is a veteran educator who has worked extensively to engage parents as educational partners. She is currently the Director of Social Emotional Learning in the Sacramento City Unified School District.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- “I’m tired.”By William MaddenFebruary 18, 2020
- Cookie ConferencesBy Tim RamseyFebruary 18, 2020
- That Kid at the Back, First a Scholar, Now Rocket Scientist!By Rita WirtzFebruary 8, 2020
- Power to the Early Childhood Profession Sometimes Requires Difficult ChoicesBy Debra PierceJanuary 29, 2020
- Taking Another Look at Reading Fluency. Valentine’s Gift!By Rita WirtzJanuary 27, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media