How Do We Teach Students (and Ourselves) What Media to Believe?
Julie Smith with Peter Adams
|We are now in an age of misinformation where even established sources of information are being labeled as biased or fake. How do we teach our students to discern credible information from deceptive and blatantly false?
Share 1.9K 0
February 17, 2017 Digital Truth
Peter Adams is the News Literacy Project’s senior vice president for educational programs. He leads NLP’s curriculum and resource development, provides teacher training and oversees the classroom and digital programs, including the new checkology™ virtual classroom. Julie Smith has taught media literacy at the university level since 1997. Twitter: @PeterD_Adams
More from Julie Smith
Latest EDwords Articles
- Put Down the Guns, Pick Up a BookBy Linda MitchellSeptember 23, 2019
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media