How Do We Teach Students (and Ourselves) What Media to Believe?
Julie Smith with Peter Adams
|We are now in an age of misinformation where even established sources of information are being labeled as biased or fake. How do we teach our students to discern credible information from deceptive and blatantly false?
Share 1.9K 0
February 17, 2017 Digital Truth
Peter Adams is the News Literacy Project’s senior vice president for educational programs. He leads NLP’s curriculum and resource development, provides teacher training and oversees the classroom and digital programs, including the new checkology™ virtual classroom. Julie Smith has taught media literacy at the university level since 1997. Twitter: @PeterD_Adams
More from Julie Smith
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media