How Game-Based Learning Promotes Immersion, Interaction and Engagement
Andrew Miller and Terry Heick with AJ Webster
Our guest was passionate about game-based learning before he knew it existed. Now he’s immersed in teaching with games.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.3K 0
August 17, 2013 Student Engagement
AJ Webster brings more than a decade of classroom experience to GameDesk’s PlayMaker School. He specializes in game learning, a passion that began stirring in him at 7 when he designed a Monopoly-Chess hybrid. AJ’s transformative methods include puzzle-based projects, historical simulations, and technology-assisted scavenger hunts.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media