How Much Homework Is Too Much?
|>||Today’s children, even at the kindergarten and pre-kindergarten levels, are required to do considerably more homework than their predecessors. But the data shows that there is no correlation between homework and academic achievement in elementary school. Are there other benefits of doing homework? What Sara has to say may surprise you.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.8K 0
May 8, 2009 Parents Channel
Sara Bennett is an attorney and co-author of The Case Against Homework. Sara successfully challenged and changed homework policies at her children’s schools and has taken her case public on programs like The Today Show and in Time Magazine and the Washington Post.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media