How Spider Web Discussions Drive Student Directed Learning
Matt Wachel with Alexis Wiggins
Join us as we define spider web discussions and how they can powerfully engage students, drive learning, and encouragestudent voice.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.5K 0
January 18, 2018 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Alexis Wiggins,`author of The Best Class You Never Taught: How Spider Web Discussion Can Turn Students into Learning Leaders, is the founder and director of the Cohort of Educators for Essential Learning (CEEL), an organization that unites like-minded educators around the globe. She has worked as a high school and middle school English teacher in six different countries and as an instructional coach for all subject areas. ASCD Emerging Leader and host Matt Wachel is an elementary assistant principal in the Park Hill School District in Kansas City, MO.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media