How Spider Web Discussions Drive Student Directed Learning
Matt Wachel with Alexis Wiggins
Join us as we define spider web discussions and how they can powerfully engage students, drive learning, and encouragestudent voice.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.5K 0
January 18, 2018 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Alexis Wiggins,`author of The Best Class You Never Taught: How Spider Web Discussion Can Turn Students into Learning Leaders, is the founder and director of the Cohort of Educators for Essential Learning (CEEL), an organization that unites like-minded educators around the globe. She has worked as a high school and middle school English teacher in six different countries and as an instructional coach for all subject areas. ASCD Emerging Leader and host Matt Wachel is an elementary assistant principal in the Park Hill School District in Kansas City, MO.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- That Kid at the Back! Scholar In Waiting, Now Scholar!By Rita WirtzJuly 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media