How the Best Teachers Create Highly Literate Students
Matt Wachel with Bonnie Houck, Sandi Novak
Our guests have completed astudy into the instructional practices that create highly literate students. Join us as they share their insights.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 16.2K 0
November 17, 2016 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Bonnie Houck and Sandi Novak are authors of Literacy Unleashed: Fostering Excellent Reading Instruction Through Classroom Visits. Houck is an associate professor of education at Bethel University and provides training through the Minnesota Elementary School Principals’ Association (MESPA). Novak is an education consultant with more than 30 years of experience as an assistant superintendent, principal, curriculum and professional learning director, and teacher. ASCD Emerging Leader and host Matt Wachel is an elementary assistant principal in the Park Hill School District in Kansas City, MO.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Reading Success Secrets That Make a Difference!By Rita WirtzAugust 20, 2019
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy J. HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By J. HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media