How the Best Teachers Create Highly Literate Students
Matt Wachel with Bonnie Houck, Sandi Novak
Our guests have completed astudy into the instructional practices that create highly literate students. Join us as they share their insights.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 16.2K 0
November 17, 2016 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Bonnie Houck and Sandi Novak are authors of Literacy Unleashed: Fostering Excellent Reading Instruction Through Classroom Visits. Houck is an associate professor of education at Bethel University and provides training through the Minnesota Elementary School Principals’ Association (MESPA). Novak is an education consultant with more than 30 years of experience as an assistant superintendent, principal, curriculum and professional learning director, and teacher. ASCD Emerging Leader and host Matt Wachel is an elementary assistant principal in the Park Hill School District in Kansas City, MO.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media