How the Best Teachers Create Highly Literate Students
Matt Wachel with Bonnie Houck, Sandi Novak
Our guests have completed astudy into the instructional practices that create highly literate students. Join us as they share their insights.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 16.2K 0
November 17, 2016 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Bonnie Houck and Sandi Novak are authors of Literacy Unleashed: Fostering Excellent Reading Instruction Through Classroom Visits. Houck is an associate professor of education at Bethel University and provides training through the Minnesota Elementary School Principals’ Association (MESPA). Novak is an education consultant with more than 30 years of experience as an assistant superintendent, principal, curriculum and professional learning director, and teacher. ASCD Emerging Leader and host Matt Wachel is an elementary assistant principal in the Park Hill School District in Kansas City, MO.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Emily Caruso ParnellMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
- Relationship Building Is Not a ConsequenceBy Tim RamseyMarch 2, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media