How the Best Teachers Create Highly Literate Students
Matt Wachel with Bonnie Houck, Sandi Novak
Our guests have completed astudy into the instructional practices that create highly literate students. Join us as they share their insights.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 16.2K 0
November 17, 2016 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Bonnie Houck and Sandi Novak are authors of Literacy Unleashed: Fostering Excellent Reading Instruction Through Classroom Visits. Houck is an associate professor of education at Bethel University and provides training through the Minnesota Elementary School Principals’ Association (MESPA). Novak is an education consultant with more than 30 years of experience as an assistant superintendent, principal, curriculum and professional learning director, and teacher. ASCD Emerging Leader and host Matt Wachel is an elementary assistant principal in the Park Hill School District in Kansas City, MO.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media