How We Dumped the Culture of Compliance and Encourage Real Learning
Lisa Davis, Gwen Pescatore with Rodney Hetherton, Michele Corbat, Adam (AJ) Hartley
Our guests saythat we need to replace our school cultures of compliance with cultures of authentic learning. Here’s how they did it.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.2K 0
July 29, 2015 Creating Positive School Culture
Rodney Hetherton has been working in education for 20 years. He started off my career as a teacher and a coach and has also been an assistant principal, elementary principal, secondary principal. He is currently the assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction in Swartz Creek Community Schools. Adam (AJ) Hartley is the Executive Director of GEARup2LEAD (www.GEARup2LEAD.org) He has been working in education for 20 years as a teacher, principal, and Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction. Michele Corbat is her 22nd year working as an educator. She was a middle school teacher for 13 years, an instructional coach for 8 years, and an elementary principal with Swartz Creek Community Schools.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media