I Forgot My Past and Abused My Privilege
Jon Harper with Dena Simmons
I imposed an expectationon my student that I would have realized was inappropriate had I not lost touch with my past.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.1K 0
December 22, 2017 MY BAD
Dena Simmons is an educator, activist, and lifelong learner from the Bronx, NY. She currently serves at the director of education at the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence.
More from J. Harper
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media