I Forgot My Past and Abused My Privilege
Jon Harper with Dena Simmons
I imposed an expectationon my student that I would have realized was inappropriate had I not lost touch with my past.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.1K 0
December 22, 2017 MY BAD
Dena Simmons is an educator, activist, and lifelong learner from the Bronx, NY. She currently serves at the director of education at the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence.
More from J. Harper
Latest EDwords Articles
- “I’m tired.”By William MaddenFebruary 18, 2020
- Cookie ConferencesBy Tim RamseyFebruary 18, 2020
- That Kid at the Back, First a Scholar, Now Rocket Scientist!By Rita WirtzFebruary 8, 2020
- Power to the Early Childhood Profession Sometimes Requires Difficult ChoicesBy Debra PierceJanuary 29, 2020
- Taking Another Look at Reading Fluency. Valentine’s Gift!By Rita WirtzJanuary 27, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media