If Some High-Poverty Schools Do Well, Can All?
Vicki Davis with Dr. Anael Alston
|Our guest says that high-poverty schools can compete with suburban upper-income schoolsif there is the right knowledge, skill, and will.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes||Takeaways|
Share 7.3K 0
September 28, 2016 Every Classroom Matters
Born and raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant Brooklyn, Dr. Anael Alston is the Superintendent of the Hamilton Central School District. Dr. Alston has written political commentary for Newsday, written nationally for EdWeek, has presented at national and statewide conferences on school change and curriculum reform, testified for Governor Cuomo’s Education reform Commission, and occasionally does radio as an education expert.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Tim RamseyDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Tim RamseyNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Raquel RiosNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media