If Some High-Poverty Schools Do Well, Can All?
Vicki Davis with Dr. Anael Alston
|Our guest says that high-poverty schools can compete with suburban upper-income schoolsif there is the right knowledge, skill, and will.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes||Takeaways|
Share 7.3K 0
September 28, 2016 Every Classroom Matters
Born and raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant Brooklyn, Dr. Anael Alston is the Superintendent of the Hamilton Central School District. Dr. Alston has written political commentary for Newsday, written nationally for EdWeek, has presented at national and statewide conferences on school change and curriculum reform, testified for Governor Cuomo’s Education reform Commission, and occasionally does radio as an education expert.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- That Kid at the Back! Scholar In Waiting, Now Scholar!By Rita WirtzJuly 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media