Integrating Writing into Math Instruction
Larry Ferlazzo with Andrea Clark, Linda Dacey, Mike Flynn, Sandy Atkins
All teachers of today are supposed to focus on literacy, but how can writing be integrated into math instruction.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 7.0K 0
October 5, 2017 Classroom Q & A
Andrea Clark is a 5th grade teacher at a private school in Austin, Texas. She also has a Master’s in STEM Education. Mathematics educator Linda Dacey began as a classroom teacher and now writes professional resource books for teachers. Sandy Atkins is the Owner and Executive Director of Creating AHAs, specializing in the mathematics education and the author of Creating a Language Rich Math Class and Creating Fraction and Decimal AHAs. Mike Flynn is the director of Professional and Graduate Programs in Mathematics at Mount Holyoke College and the author of Beyond Answers: Exploring Mathematical Practices with Young Children.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
- Relationship Building Is Not a ConsequenceBy Tim RamseyMarch 2, 2020
- It’s Mesmerizing! Hypnosis and Self-Care Go-Togethers!By Rita WirtzFebruary 24, 2020
- 3 Things to Remember When Helping Students Living With Trauma & Toxic StressBy J. HarperFebruary 23, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media