Integrating Writing into Math Instruction
Larry Ferlazzo with Andrea Clark, Linda Dacey, Mike Flynn, Sandy Atkins
All teachers of today are supposed to focus on literacy, but how can writing be integrated into math instruction.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 6.9K 0
October 5, 2017 Classroom Q & A
Andrea Clark is a 5th grade teacher at a private school in Austin, Texas. She also has a Master’s in STEM Education. Mathematics educator Linda Dacey began as a classroom teacher and now writes professional resource books for teachers. Sandy Atkins is the Owner and Executive Director of Creating AHAs, specializing in the mathematics education and the author of Creating a Language Rich Math Class and Creating Fraction and Decimal AHAs. Mike Flynn is the director of Professional and Graduate Programs in Mathematics at Mount Holyoke College and the author of Beyond Answers: Exploring Mathematical Practices with Young Children.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- They Don’t Know Much About HistoryBy Tim RamseyJanuary 27, 2020
- ‘I Wish You Well’ – 4 Sucky Words in the Education SpaceBy Jay EitnerJanuary 27, 2020
- BasketballBy Tim RamseyJanuary 24, 2020
- Turn the PageBy Tim RamseyJanuary 21, 2020
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media