IRA’s Revised Standards for Reading Professionals–What’s New, Why it Matters
John Micklos, Jr. with Rita M. Bean, Ph.D.
Three years of effort has produced IRA’s revised Standards for Reading Professionals. The first update since 2003, the document integrates the most applicable new research on reading instruction and reading assessment. In this segment we discuss why this document is so important to the IRA and to the profession at large and offer recommendations on how to make the best use of this material in your own practice.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media