IRA’s Revised Standards for Reading Professionals–What’s New, Why it Matters
John Micklos, Jr. with Rita M. Bean, Ph.D.
Three years of effort has produced IRA’s revised Standards for Reading Professionals. The first update since 2003, the document integrates the most applicable new research on reading instruction and reading assessment. In this segment we discuss why this document is so important to the IRA and to the profession at large and offer recommendations on how to make the best use of this material in your own practice.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raise Your Hand If You Want to be a Teacher! What… Nobody?By Debra PierceNovember 19, 2019
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media