Are Caring and Relationship Building Compatible with Implementing Common Core Standards?
Larry Ferlazzo withMai Xi Lee, Sean Slade
There is no mention of caring in the common core standards and some are wondering if the social and emotional elements of teaching/learning are precluded by Common Core.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.0K 0
January 4, 2015 Classroom Q and A
Mai Xi Lee, Director of Social Emotional Learning for Sacramento City Unified School District, has been a strong advocate for the relevance and importance of relationships as the key foundation for both parent and student engagement. Sean Slade, director of Whole Child Programs at ASCD, has more than two decades in education,--writing on topics related to the whole child and health and well-being.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Reading Success Secrets That Make a Difference!By Rita WirtzAugust 20, 2019
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media