Are Caring and Relationship Building Compatible with Implementing Common Core Standards?
Larry Ferlazzo withMai Xi Lee, Sean Slade
There is no mention of caring in the common core standards and some are wondering if the social and emotional elements of teaching/learning are precluded by Common Core.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.0K 0
January 4, 2015 Classroom Q & A
Mai Xi Lee, Director of Social Emotional Learning for Sacramento City Unified School District, has been a strong advocate for the relevance and importance of relationships as the key foundation for both parent and student engagement. Sean Slade, director of Whole Child Programs at ASCD, has more than two decades in education,--writing on topics related to the whole child and health and well-being.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in SchoolsBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 9, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media