Is Homework Necessary? Needed? Too Much?
Dr. Regina Lamourelle with Dr. Cathy Vatterott
|Our guest points out that homework has been a controversial subject among teachers, students and parents for over 100 years. Is homework really necessary? Does it help? How much homework is too much? What should be done when the homework is above the parent’s ability to help? Tune in as our guest offers a new paradigm for homework.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.3K 0
May 8, 2009 Teaching Teens
Dr. Cathy Vatterott is an Associate Professor of Education at the University of Missouri-St. Louis and widely regarded as a national expert on the topic of K-12 homework. She is a parent, former teacher and principal, and author of Rethinking Homework: Best Practices That Support Diverse Needs (2009).
More from Dr. Regina Lamourelle
Latest EDwords Articles
- It’s Mesmerizing! Hypnosis and Self-Care Go-Togethers!By Rita WirtzFebruary 24, 2020
- 3 Things to Remember When Helping Students Living With Trauma & Toxic StressBy J. HarperFebruary 23, 2020
- “I’m tired.”By William MaddenFebruary 18, 2020
- Cookie ConferencesBy Tim RamseyFebruary 18, 2020
- That Kid at the Back, First a Scholar, Now Rocket Scientist!By Rita WirtzFebruary 8, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media