Is It Time to Dump Calendar Time and Letter of the Week?
Rae Pica with Heather Shumaker, Amanda Morgan, MS,Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed.
|We’ve been doing calendar time and letter of the week with young children forso long that for many the benefits are taken for granted. New research is challenging the value of these practices, so today we seek guidance fromsome early childhood experts.
#edchat #edreform #ece #earlyed #AskingWhatIf
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes||Takeaways|
Share 43.2K 0
September 9, 2016 Student-Centric Strategies
Heather Shumaker is a national speaker on parenting and early childhood topics, and is the author of two renegade parenting books: It’s OK Not to Share and It’s OK to Go Up the Slide. An advocate for free, unstructured play in homes and schools, she lives in northern Michigan with her family. Amanda Morgan, MS, has nearly 20 years of experience teaching children, parents, and teachers in a variety of environments. She currently writes at the blog, Not Just Cute. Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed., with over 20 years experience in the field of early childhood education as a teacher, director, curriculum writer, and music director. Blog: Teach Preschool.
More from Rae Pica
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Tim RamseyDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Tim RamseyNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Raquel RiosNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media