Is Our Model of School Outdated?
Allison Zmuda with Dennis Littky Larry Rosenstock, Michael Horn, Grant Wiggins
|The world has changed dramatically since our education system was created. What is the purpose of school supposed to be? Has it changed over time and is our current model of schooling capable of genuinely preparing students for the brave new world.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
MORE: Visit Allison Zmuda’s Web Site
Share 4.4K 0
May 8, 2009 Education Reform
Dennis Littky is presently the Co-Principal of the Metropolitan High School in Providence, Rhode Island. a new model of education. Larry Rosenstock has been a teacher, a staff attorney at Harvard Center for Law and Education. Larry’s program, CityWorks, won the Ford Foundation Innovations in State and Local Government Award in 1992. Michael Horn, the coauthor of Prof. Christensen’s bestselling education, Disrupting Class, and Executive Director of Innosight Institute. Grant Wiggins is the President of Authentic Education in Hopewell, New Jersey.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media