Is Racism Addressed in Education? Is It Just a Token Effort?
Tom Whitby, Nancy Blair, and Shawn Thomas
Talking about racism on a Twitter chat is a risky proposition, but this week we took on the challenge.
Ed Chat Archive: http://edchat.pbworks.com/
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.1K 0
July 8, 2018 EdChat Radio
Shawn Thomas is in her 20th year of teaching in the largest county in Georgia. She has taught Kindergarten, Second and Third Grade, and ESOL (English to Speakers of Other Languages) K-5. Nancy Blair is a middle school principal in Georgia. She previously served as a school improvement consultant. Tom Whitby is former contributing Editor at SmartBrief, founder of #Edchat, Twitter-Using Educators, and NYSCATE Network.
More from T. Whitby
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media