Is Standardized Testing Producing a Creativity Crisis?
Rae Pica with Paul Reville, Jay Mathews, Richard P. Phelps, Ph.D., Cheri Sterman
Are American students falling behind in their ability to think and solve problems creatively? Is the focus on standardized testing and high-stakes accountability obscuring our ability to truly prepare students for work and life in the 21st century? Are testing and developing creativity mutually exclusive? What can teachers do to encourage creativity in a climate where the emphasis is on standardized testing?
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from Rae Pica
Latest EDwords Articles
- It’s Mesmerizing! Hypnosis and Self-Care Go-Togethers!By Rita WirtzFebruary 24, 2020
- 3 Things to Remember When Helping Students Living With Trauma & Toxic StressBy J. HarperFebruary 23, 2020
- “I’m tired.”By William MaddenFebruary 18, 2020
- Cookie ConferencesBy Tim RamseyFebruary 18, 2020
- That Kid at the Back, First a Scholar, Now Rocket Scientist!By Rita WirtzFebruary 8, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media