Is Staying Connected the Solution to Teacher Discouragement?
Rae Pica with Robert L. Fried, Valerie Strauss
|This is a fascinating discussion between two education advocates about why some teachers are able to stay motivated in the face of a dysfunctional education culture while others aren’t. Eavesdrop on their exchange and see if their assessment, conclusions and prescriptions are valid.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 947 0
May 21, 2013 Teachers' Aid
Valerie Strauss is an education writer at The Washington Post. She currently writes The Answer Sheet bBlog after covering various education systems and reform efforts for more than a decade, and she created the Post’s education ideas page with Jay Mathews. Robert (Rob) L. Fried is executive director of the Upper Valley Educators Institute and author of The Passionate Teacher.
More from Rae Pica
Latest EDwords Articles
- RechargedBy Tim RamseyOctober 21, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media