Is Teacher Seat Time an Outdated PD Concept?
Tom Whitby and Shawn Thomas with Casey Medlock Paul
Despite the rise of online learning, many teachers are still forced to comply with seat-time requirements. Is it time to retire the seat time concept.
Share 282 0
Casey Medlock Paul is an Adult and Online Learning Specialist for a non-profit in Washington DC (the Justice Research and Statistics Association). She manages all aspects of adult professional education, from producing webinars, designing online courses, developing communities of practice, coordinating virtual conferences, and presenting on adult learning theory and educational strategies. She has taught high school, undergraduate, and graduate courses. You can learn more about her work and follow her blog at www.cmplearning.com.
More from T. Whitby
Latest EDwords Articles
- They Don’t Know Much About HistoryBy Tim RamseyJanuary 27, 2020
- ‘I Wish You Well’ – 4 Sucky Words in the Education SpaceBy Jay EitnerJanuary 27, 2020
- BasketballBy Tim RamseyJanuary 24, 2020
- Turn the PageBy Tim RamseyJanuary 21, 2020
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media