Is Teacher Seat Time an Outdated PD Concept?
Tom Whitby and Shawn Thomas with Casey Medlock Paul
Despite the rise of online learning, many teachers are still forced to comply with seat-time requirements. Is it time to retire the seat time concept.
Share 281 0
Casey Medlock Paul is an Adult and Online Learning Specialist for a non-profit in Washington DC (the Justice Research and Statistics Association). She manages all aspects of adult professional education, from producing webinars, designing online courses, developing communities of practice, coordinating virtual conferences, and presenting on adult learning theory and educational strategies. She has taught high school, undergraduate, and graduate courses. You can learn more about her work and follow her blog at www.cmplearning.com.
More from T. Whitby
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Tim RamseyDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Tim RamseyNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Raquel RiosNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media