Is Teacher Seat Time an Outdated PD Concept?
Tom Whitby and Shawn Thomas with Casey Medlock Paul
Despite the rise of online learning, many teachers are still forced to comply with seat-time requirements. Is it time to retire the seat time concept.
Share 166 0
September 30, 2019 EdChat Radio
Casey Medlock Paul is an Adult and Online Learning Specialist for a non-profit in Washington DC (the Justice Research and Statistics Association). She manages all aspects of adult professional education, from producing webinars, designing online courses, developing communities of practice, coordinating virtual conferences, and presenting on adult learning theory and educational strategies. She has taught high school, undergraduate, and graduate courses. You can learn more about her work and follow her blog at www.cmplearning.com.
More from T. Whitby
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in SchoolsBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 9, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media