Is your Child Advanced or Slow?
|Comparing your child’s development with that of another can create worry or, perhaps, pride. Parents often believe that a child is either advanced or slow, based upon developmental milestones. But Dr. Meyerhoff explains that the “average age” represented by developmental milestones has no meaning. Rather, he says parents should consider the “normal range.”|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.5K 0
May 9, 2009 Parents Channel
Michael K. Meyerhoff, Ed.D., received his doctorate in Human Development from Harvard University. He is executive director of the Epicenter Inc., The Education for Parenthood Information Center, a family advisory and advocacy agency located in Lindenhurst, Illinois.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media