Is your Child Advanced or Slow?
|Comparing your child’s development with that of another can create worry or, perhaps, pride. Parents often believe that a child is either advanced or slow, based upon developmental milestones. But Dr. Meyerhoff explains that the “average age” represented by developmental milestones has no meaning. Rather, he says parents should consider the “normal range.”|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.5K 0
May 9, 2009 Parents Channel
Michael K. Meyerhoff, Ed.D., received his doctorate in Human Development from Harvard University. He is executive director of the Epicenter Inc., The Education for Parenthood Information Center, a family advisory and advocacy agency located in Lindenhurst, Illinois.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media