Is your Child Advanced or Slow?
|Comparing your child’s development with that of another can create worry or, perhaps, pride. Parents often believe that a child is either advanced or slow, based upon developmental milestones. But Dr. Meyerhoff explains that the “average age” represented by developmental milestones has no meaning. Rather, he says parents should consider the “normal range.”|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.5K 0
May 9, 2009 Parents Channel
Michael K. Meyerhoff, Ed.D., received his doctorate in Human Development from Harvard University. He is executive director of the Epicenter Inc., The Education for Parenthood Information Center, a family advisory and advocacy agency located in Lindenhurst, Illinois.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List? (Just remember these 5 things)By Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- CrumpledBy Jon HarperJuly 6, 2019
- TherapyBy Tim RamseyJuly 5, 2019
- Summer Learning Slide! What’s Up? or Down?By Rita WirtzJune 27, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media