Is Your Child Being Exposed to Extreme Rote Teaching?
Joan Almon, Chair of the U.S. Alliance for Childhood, sounds the alarm on an increasingly popular trend toward scripted kindergartens and pre-schools. Joan explains how the focus outcomes has led to teachers being required to follow very specific scripts without deviation. The research indicates that this type of extreme rote teaching doesn’t work yet the trend is growing, adversly impacting teachers and children.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media