Is Your Child Being Exposed to Extreme Rote Teaching?
Joan Almon, Chair of the U.S. Alliance for Childhood, sounds the alarm on an increasingly popular trend toward scripted kindergartens and pre-schools. Joan explains how the focus outcomes has led to teachers being required to follow very specific scripts without deviation. The research indicates that this type of extreme rote teaching doesn’t work yet the trend is growing, adversly impacting teachers and children.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from errr
Latest EDwords Articles
- Reading Success Secrets That Make a Difference!By Rita WirtzAugust 20, 2019
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy J. HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By J. HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media