Is Your Child On The Fast Track To Success ?
Is Your Child On The Fast Track To Success?
|According to educator and author Denise Pope, today’s problematic definition of success creates excess stress in children. She explains that the misunderstanding of the need for academic achievement at an early age is having the opposite effect of what parents intend for their children. Learn what Denise considers to be the “best thing” you can do for your child.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.6K 0
May 8, 2009 Parents Channel
Denise Pope has been a lecturer in the School of Education for the past seven years. She founded and now directs the SOS: Stressed-Out Students project, a research and intervention effort to work with K-12 schools to counter the causes of academic stress. Dr. Pope is a three time recipient of the Stanford School of Education Outstanding Teacher and Mentor award.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List? (Just remember these 5 things)By Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- CrumpledBy Jon HarperJuly 6, 2019
- TherapyBy Tim RamseyJuly 5, 2019
- Summer Learning Slide! What’s Up? or Down?By Rita WirtzJune 27, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media