Is Your Child On The Fast Track To Success ?
Is Your Child On The Fast Track To Success?
|According to educator and author Denise Pope, today’s problematic definition of success creates excess stress in children. She explains that the misunderstanding of the need for academic achievement at an early age is having the opposite effect of what parents intend for their children. Learn what Denise considers to be the “best thing” you can do for your child.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.6K 0
May 8, 2009 Parents Channel
Denise Pope has been a lecturer in the School of Education for the past seven years. She founded and now directs the SOS: Stressed-Out Students project, a research and intervention effort to work with K-12 schools to counter the causes of academic stress. Dr. Pope is a three time recipient of the Stanford School of Education Outstanding Teacher and Mentor award.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media