Is Your Child On The Fast Track To Success ?
Is Your Child On The Fast Track To Success?
|According to educator and author Denise Pope, today’s problematic definition of success creates excess stress in children. She explains that the misunderstanding of the need for academic achievement at an early age is having the opposite effect of what parents intend for their children. Learn what Denise considers to be the “best thing” you can do for your child.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.6K 0
May 8, 2009 Parents Channel
Denise Pope has been a lecturer in the School of Education for the past seven years. She founded and now directs the SOS: Stressed-Out Students project, a research and intervention effort to work with K-12 schools to counter the causes of academic stress. Dr. Pope is a three time recipient of the Stanford School of Education Outstanding Teacher and Mentor award.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media