Learning by Doing: Inside the Maker Movement
Vicki Davis with Sylvia Martinez
What is a “maker space?” What do you need to know about the Maker Movement? In this segment we talk about the emerging focus on learning by tinkering, inventing and making things.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.8K 0
July 22, 2013 Every Classroom Matters
Sylvia Martinez is the co-author of a new book, Invent To Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering and president of Generation YES, a non-profit evangelizing student involvement in education reform through technology integration and service learning. Prior to that, Sylvia designed educational software and video games, and was an aerospace engineer.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Tim RamseyDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Tim RamseyNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Raquel RiosNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media