Learning by Doing: Inside the Maker Movement
Vicki Davis with Sylvia Martinez
What is a “maker space?” What do you need to know about the Maker Movement? In this segment we talk about the emerging focus on learning by tinkering, inventing and making things.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.8K 0
July 22, 2013 Every Classroom Matters
Sylvia Martinez is the co-author of a new book, Invent To Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering and president of Generation YES, a non-profit evangelizing student involvement in education reform through technology integration and service learning. Prior to that, Sylvia designed educational software and video games, and was an aerospace engineer.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- UrgentBy Tim RamseyApril 6, 2020
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Emily Caruso ParnellMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media