Learning by Doing: Inside the Maker Movement
Vicki Davis with Sylvia Martinez
What is a “maker space?” What do you need to know about the Maker Movement? In this segment we talk about the emerging focus on learning by tinkering, inventing and making things.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.8K 0
July 22, 2013 Every Classroom Matters
Sylvia Martinez is the co-author of a new book, Invent To Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering and president of Generation YES, a non-profit evangelizing student involvement in education reform through technology integration and service learning. Prior to that, Sylvia designed educational software and video games, and was an aerospace engineer.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media