Carbohydrate Counting for Students with Diabetes
Donna Mazyck withMichelle C. Laubin, Esq, Cheryl Resha
In this segment we talk about how to teach children and parents to adjust insulin based on their carbohydrate intake.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.1K 0
December 21, 2014 School Nurses Radio
Patricia Tricia McCarty, BSN, RN, NCSN, CDE, isa registered nurse and certified diabetes educatorfor the University of New Mexico Department of Pediatric Endocrinology. She is a NASN instructor for the H.A.N.D.S. program, Helping Administer to the Needs of the Student with Diabetes in School. Susan Weiner, MS, RDN, CDE, CDN is the owner of Susan Weiner Nutrition, LLC in New York, advisor and author of The Complete Diabetes Organizer: Your Guide to a Less Stressful and More Manageable Diabetes Life. She is the 2015 Diabetes Educator of the Year awarded by the American Association of Diabetes Educators.
More from Donna Mazyck
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media