Carbohydrate Counting for Students with Diabetes
Donna Mazyck withMichelle C. Laubin, Esq, Cheryl Resha
In this segment we talk about how to teach children and parents to adjust insulin based on their carbohydrate intake.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.1K 0
December 21, 2014 School Nurses Radio
Patricia Tricia McCarty, BSN, RN, NCSN, CDE, isa registered nurse and certified diabetes educatorfor the University of New Mexico Department of Pediatric Endocrinology. She is a NASN instructor for the H.A.N.D.S. program, Helping Administer to the Needs of the Student with Diabetes in School. Susan Weiner, MS, RDN, CDE, CDN is the owner of Susan Weiner Nutrition, LLC in New York, advisor and author of The Complete Diabetes Organizer: Your Guide to a Less Stressful and More Manageable Diabetes Life. She is the 2015 Diabetes Educator of the Year awarded by the American Association of Diabetes Educators.
More from Donna Mazyck
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raise Your Hand If You Want to be a Teacher! What… Nobody?By Debra PierceNovember 19, 2019
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media