Carbohydrate Counting for Students with Diabetes
Donna Mazyck withMichelle C. Laubin, Esq, Cheryl Resha
In this segment we talk about how to teach children and parents to adjust insulin based on their carbohydrate intake.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.1K 0
December 21, 2014 School Nurses Radio
Patricia Tricia McCarty, BSN, RN, NCSN, CDE, isa registered nurse and certified diabetes educatorfor the University of New Mexico Department of Pediatric Endocrinology. She is a NASN instructor for the H.A.N.D.S. program, Helping Administer to the Needs of the Student with Diabetes in School. Susan Weiner, MS, RDN, CDE, CDN is the owner of Susan Weiner Nutrition, LLC in New York, advisor and author of The Complete Diabetes Organizer: Your Guide to a Less Stressful and More Manageable Diabetes Life. She is the 2015 Diabetes Educator of the Year awarded by the American Association of Diabetes Educators.
More from Donna Mazyck
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media