Letting Students Teach Us How to Teach Them
Matt Miller and Jed Dearybury withShanna Peeples
Our guest is a national teacher of the year. In this segment, she shares with us how she relies on students to guide her toward better student engagement.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.0K 0
October 21, 2015 Hooked! Captivating Students
Shanna Peeples, an English teacher and instructional coach at Palo Duro High School in Amarillo, Texas, is the 2015 National Teacher of the Year. At her school, Shanna works with English Language Learners, refugees from Africa, Burma, and the Middle East, as well as Advanced Placement students.
More from Jed Dearybury
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media