Logical Consequences: Nuanced Responses to Student Misbehavior
Rae Pica with Dr. Muriel Rand and Jason Flom
|Withholding recess and timeout are often our go-to responses for misbehavior. But these experts tell us only logical consequences can change childen’s behavior.
#edchat #edreform #ece #earlyed #AskingWhatIf
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.2K 0
Dr. Muriel Rand is a Professor of Early Childhood Education at New Jersey City University and the author of the books: The Positive Classroom, The Positive Preschool. Dr. Rand also holds a Masters in Social Work Degree and specializes in helping children with challenging behavior. Jason Flom is director of Cornerstone Learning Community in Tallahassee, Florida, a whole child school he cofounded with other educators and serves as a faculty member with ASCD’s Professional Learning Services.
More from Rae Pica
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Tim RamseyDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Tim RamseyNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Raquel RiosNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media