Logical Consequences: Nuanced Responses to Student Misbehavior
Rae Pica with Dr. Muriel Rand and Jason Flom
|Withholding recess and timeout are often our go-to responses for misbehavior. But these experts tell us only logical consequences can change childen’s behavior.
#edchat #edreform #ece #earlyed #AskingWhatIf
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.2K 0
Dr. Muriel Rand is a Professor of Early Childhood Education at New Jersey City University and the author of the books: The Positive Classroom, The Positive Preschool. Dr. Rand also holds a Masters in Social Work Degree and specializes in helping children with challenging behavior. Jason Flom is director of Cornerstone Learning Community in Tallahassee, Florida, a whole child school he cofounded with other educators and serves as a faculty member with ASCD’s Professional Learning Services.
More from Rae Pica
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media