Maker Movement, DYI, 3D Printers: New Fad or Real Path to 21st Century Skills?
Larry Ferlazzo withLaura Blankenship
The maker movement, DIY and 3D printers are hot in education today. In this segment we define each and explore their real value in preparing kids for the future.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 4.1K 0
February 6, 2015 Classroom Q & A
Laura Blankenship is chair of the Computer Science department at the Baldwin School, an all girls’ pre-K-12 school in the suburbs of Philadelphia. She’s been teaching computing, technology and making for almost 10 years, and she is also the co-moderator of the #makered Twitter chat.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media