Maker Movement, DYI, 3D Printers: New Fad or Real Path to 21st Century Skills?
Larry Ferlazzo withLaura Blankenship
The maker movement, DIY and 3D printers are hot in education today. In this segment we define each and explore their real value in preparing kids for the future.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 4.1K 0
February 6, 2015 Classroom Q & A
Laura Blankenship is chair of the Computer Science department at the Baldwin School, an all girls’ pre-K-12 school in the suburbs of Philadelphia. She’s been teaching computing, technology and making for almost 10 years, and she is also the co-moderator of the #makered Twitter chat.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media