Maker Movement, DYI, 3D Printers: New Fad or Real Path to 21st Century Skills?
Larry Ferlazzo withLaura Blankenship
The maker movement, DIY and 3D printers are hot in education today. In this segment we define each and explore their real value in preparing kids for the future.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 4.1K 0
February 6, 2015 Classroom Q and A
Laura Blankenship is chair of the Computer Science department at the Baldwin School, an all girls’ pre-K-12 school in the suburbs of Philadelphia. She’s been teaching computing, technology and making for almost 10 years, and she is also the co-moderator of the #makered Twitter chat.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Reading Success Secrets That Make a Difference!By Rita WirtzAugust 20, 2019
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media