Managing Student Insulin Needs During the School Day
Donna Mazyck with Kim Higgins and Jean Grabeel
In this segment, we discuss insulin types, insulin storage and the ways school nurses can help students manage their insulin during the school day.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 968 0
March 2, 2015 School Nurses Radio
Kim Higgins is a registered nurse and has been a diabetes educator for 30 years. She enjoys working with pediatric endocrinologists, families and children/teens with type 1 diabetes. Kim has been an NASN H.A.N.D.S. program instructor since 2008. Jean Grabeel is the Manager of Health Services for Springfield Public Schools, serving over 25,000 students in Springfield, MO. A graduate of St John’s School of Nursing and Missouri State University with a bachelor’s in nursing. She earned her master’s in health education from University Missouri- Columbia.
More from Donna Mazyck
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raise Your Hand If You Want to be a Teacher! What… Nobody?By Debra PierceNovember 19, 2019
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media