Managing Student Insulin Needs During the School Day
Donna Mazyck with Kim Higgins and Jean Grabeel
In this segment, we discuss insulin types, insulin storage and the ways school nurses can help students manage their insulin during the school day.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 968 0
March 2, 2015 School Nurses Radio
Kim Higgins is a registered nurse and has been a diabetes educator for 30 years. She enjoys working with pediatric endocrinologists, families and children/teens with type 1 diabetes. Kim has been an NASN H.A.N.D.S. program instructor since 2008. Jean Grabeel is the Manager of Health Services for Springfield Public Schools, serving over 25,000 students in Springfield, MO. A graduate of St John’s School of Nursing and Missouri State University with a bachelor’s in nursing. She earned her master’s in health education from University Missouri- Columbia.
More from Donna Mazyck
Latest EDwords Articles
- Taking Another Look at Reading Fluency. Valentine’s Gift!By Rita WirtzJanuary 27, 2020
- They Don’t Know Much About HistoryBy Tim RamseyJanuary 27, 2020
- ‘I Wish You Well’ – 4 Sucky Words in the Education SpaceBy Jay EitnerJanuary 27, 2020
- BasketballBy Tim RamseyJanuary 24, 2020
- Turn the PageBy Tim RamseyJanuary 21, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media