Moving Beyond Disability Labels in the Classroom
Mike Janatovich and Toby Karten
Join us as we rethink how we treat, teach and talk about students with disabilities.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 8.2K 0
May 18, 2017 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Toby Karten is the author of Building on the Strengths of Students with Special Needs: How to Move Beyond Disability Labels in the Classroom (ASCD). She is a staff developer, instructional coach, education consultant, and inclusion specialist whose ongoing professional goal is to help learners achieve successful inclusion experiences in school and life. Host Mike Janatovich is the assistant principal of Harmon Middle School in Aurora, OH, and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List? (Just remember these 5 things)By Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- CrumpledBy Jon HarperJuly 6, 2019
- TherapyBy Tim RamseyJuly 5, 2019
- Summer Learning Slide! What’s Up? or Down?By Rita WirtzJune 27, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media