Moving Beyond Disability Labels in the Classroom
Mike Janatovich and Toby Karten
Join us as we rethink how we treat, teach and talk about students with disabilities.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 8.2K 0
May 18, 2017 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Toby Karten is the author of Building on the Strengths of Students with Special Needs: How to Move Beyond Disability Labels in the Classroom (ASCD). She is a staff developer, instructional coach, education consultant, and inclusion specialist whose ongoing professional goal is to help learners achieve successful inclusion experiences in school and life. Host Mike Janatovich is the assistant principal of Harmon Middle School in Aurora, OH, and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raise Your Hand If You Want to be a Teacher! What… Nobody?By Debra PierceNovember 19, 2019
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media