Moving Beyond Disability Labels in the Classroom
Mike Janatovich and Toby Karten
Join us as we rethink how we treat, teach and talk about students with disabilities.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 8.2K 0
May 18, 2017 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Toby Karten is the author of Building on the Strengths of Students with Special Needs: How to Move Beyond Disability Labels in the Classroom (ASCD). She is a staff developer, instructional coach, education consultant, and inclusion specialist whose ongoing professional goal is to help learners achieve successful inclusion experiences in school and life. Host Mike Janatovich is the assistant principal of Harmon Middle School in Aurora, OH, and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Taking Another Look at Reading Fluency. Valentine’s Gift!By Rita WirtzJanuary 27, 2020
- They Don’t Know Much About HistoryBy Tim RamseyJanuary 27, 2020
- ‘I Wish You Well’ – 4 Sucky Words in the Education SpaceBy Jay EitnerJanuary 27, 2020
- BasketballBy Tim RamseyJanuary 24, 2020
- Turn the PageBy Tim RamseyJanuary 21, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media