Moving from Gamification to Playful Learning
Matt Farber, Miichael Matera andJessica Millstone
In this segment we look at how game-based learning has evolved into what is now increasingly being called playful learning.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.6K 0
May 10, 2015 Game Based Learning
Jessica Millstone is the Director of Engagement at BrainPOP, where she works on bridging games-based learning initiatives between BrainPOP’s GameUp and its many game partners. Prior to joining BrainPOP, Jessica was the inaugural Education Fellow on the Games & Learning Publishing Council at the Joan Ganz Cooney Center, a research and innovation lab at Sesame Workshop, where she investigated the theory and practice of using digital games in the elementary and middle school classroom.
More from M. Farber
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media