Moving from Teaching STEM to Doing STEM
Vicki Davis with Robin Elwood
Join us as we look at creative ways to move from teaching STEM to letting students explore, experiment and do STEM.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 6.0K 0
June 18, 2016 Every Classroom Matters
Robin Elwood has a bachelors degree in zoology, a masters and doctorate degree in science education, and has been an 8th grade science teacher for 24 years; she has particular passions for inquiry-based and STEM based science education and strives to have her students participate in “real-world” science, such as building, testing, and deploying an underwater ROV into the icy depths of Antarctica!
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media