Myths and Misconceptions About ELLs
Rosa Isiah with Larry Ferlazzo
|It’s surprising the number of myths and misconceptions many teachers have about English language learners. In this segment, we attempt to debunk a few of the big ones.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.4K 0
May 6, 2018 #WeLeadEd
Larry Ferlazzo began teaching in 2003 after working as a community organizer for nearly twenty years. An award-winning English and Social Studies teacher at Luther Burbank High School in Sacramento, Calif. Larry is the author of several books, including co-author of Collaborative Writing, Common Core, and ELLs. Rosa Isiah serves students as principal of Lucille Smith Elementary School Principal in California. Her experiences include 22 years in education. Founder of #WeLeadEd.
More from Rosa Isiah
Latest EDwords Articles
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Emily Caruso ParnellMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
- Relationship Building Is Not a ConsequenceBy Tim RamseyMarch 2, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media