Myths and Misconceptions About ELLs
Rosa Isiah with Larry Ferlazzo
|It’s surprising the number of myths and misconceptions many teachers have about English language learners. In this segment, we attempt to debunk a few of the big ones.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.3K 0
May 6, 2018 #WeLeadEd
Larry Ferlazzo began teaching in 2003 after working as a community organizer for nearly twenty years. An award-winning English and Social Studies teacher at Luther Burbank High School in Sacramento, Calif. Larry is the author of several books, including co-author of Collaborative Writing, Common Core, and ELLs. Rosa Isiah serves students as principal of Lucille Smith Elementary School Principal in California. Her experiences include 22 years in education. Founder of #WeLeadEd.
More from Rosa Isiah
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raise Your Hand If You Want to be a Teacher! What… Nobody?By Debra PierceNovember 19, 2019
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media