Parent Involvement Versus Parent Engagement: Is There Really a Difference?
Dr. Joe Mazza withMelany Stowe and Larry Ferlazzo
During our 3/12/14 PTChat, we explore the distinction between parent involvement and parent engagement and why it matters.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.3K 0
March 19, 2014 PT Chat
Melany Stowe is the Director of Communications and Community Outreach for Danville Public Schools in Virginia. In addition to administrative roles, she has classroom experience at all three grade levels, is a 2012 NSBA Top 20 to Watch, and a 2013 ASCD Emerging Leader. Larry Ferlazzo, author of Helping Students Motivate Themselves and Self Driven to Learn, is a high school teacher. Dr. Joe Mazza serves as K-12 Director of Connected Teaching, Learning & Leadership in the 6th largest school district in Pennsylvania.
More from Joe Mazza
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media