Parent Involvement Versus Parent Engagement: Is There Really a Difference?
Dr. Joe Mazza withMelany Stowe and Larry Ferlazzo
During our 3/12/14 PTChat, we explore the distinction between parent involvement and parent engagement and why it matters.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.3K 0
March 19, 2014 PT Chat
Melany Stowe is the Director of Communications and Community Outreach for Danville Public Schools in Virginia. In addition to administrative roles, she has classroom experience at all three grade levels, is a 2012 NSBA Top 20 to Watch, and a 2013 ASCD Emerging Leader. Larry Ferlazzo, author of Helping Students Motivate Themselves and Self Driven to Learn, is a high school teacher. Dr. Joe Mazza serves as K-12 Director of Connected Teaching, Learning & Leadership in the 6th largest school district in Pennsylvania.
More from Joe Mazza
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raise Your Hand If You Want to be a Teacher! What… Nobody?By Debra PierceNovember 19, 2019
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media