Praise This, Not That: Lessons for Teachers from Great Coaches
Vicki Davis withNathan Barber
In this segment we discuss why appropriate praise is essential to learning and grab the insights from great sports coaches.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 5.4K 0
September 3, 2014 Every Classroom Matters
Nathan Barber is a twenty-year educator who has served in numerous roles, including teacher and coach. He now serves as a high school principal in Houston, TX. He has written more than a dozen books and has a new title, What Teachers Can Learn from Sports Coaches, coming this fall from Eye on Education. Nathan’s passions including building relationships with students and helping teachers improve the quality of the teaching and learning in their classrooms.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media