Proposed Early Learning Challenge Fund
Dr. Ruth Friedman with host Eric Karolak
|Game changing competitive grant promises new funding for birth to five programs. It will come with new standards and responsibilities. Dr. Ruth Friedman, Senior Education Policy Advisor with the House Committee on Education and Labor, brings us the details.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.2K 0
May 8, 2009 Child Care Providers Channel
On July 15, U.S. Representative George Miller (D-CA) introduced HR 3221, the “Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2009.” The bill establishes an Early Learning Challenge Fund which would provide $1 billion in grants to states over an 8-year period to increase the number of low-income children in high-quality early learning settings.
More from Linda Geigle
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media