Proposed Early Learning Challenge Fund
Dr. Ruth Friedman with host Eric Karolak
|Game changing competitive grant promises new funding for birth to five programs. It will come with new standards and responsibilities. Dr. Ruth Friedman, Senior Education Policy Advisor with the House Committee on Education and Labor, brings us the details.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.2K 0
May 8, 2009 Child Care Providers Channel
On July 15, U.S. Representative George Miller (D-CA) introduced HR 3221, the “Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2009.” The bill establishes an Early Learning Challenge Fund which would provide $1 billion in grants to states over an 8-year period to increase the number of low-income children in high-quality early learning settings.
More from Linda Geigle
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media