Proposed Early Learning Challenge Fund
Dr. Ruth Friedman with host Eric Karolak
|Game changing competitive grant promises new funding for birth to five programs. It will come with new standards and responsibilities. Dr. Ruth Friedman, Senior Education Policy Advisor with the House Committee on Education and Labor, brings us the details.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.2K 0
May 8, 2009 Child Care Providers Channel
On July 15, U.S. Representative George Miller (D-CA) introduced HR 3221, the “Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2009.” The bill establishes an Early Learning Challenge Fund which would provide $1 billion in grants to states over an 8-year period to increase the number of low-income children in high-quality early learning settings.
More from Linda Geigle
Latest EDwords Articles
- That Kid at the Back, First a Scholar, Now Rocket Scientist!By Rita WirtzFebruary 8, 2020
- Power to the Early Childhood Profession Sometimes Requires Difficult ChoicesBy Debra PierceJanuary 29, 2020
- Taking Another Look at Reading Fluency. Valentine’s Gift!By Rita WirtzJanuary 27, 2020
- They Don’t Know Much About HistoryBy Tim RamseyJanuary 27, 2020
- ‘I Wish You Well’ – 4 Sucky Words in the Education SpaceBy Jay EitnerJanuary 27, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media