Recommendations for Improving Special Needs Education
Spencer D. Hansen and Les Murray with host Dr. Gerald Tirozzi
On Nov. 3, 2009, NASSP released its Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Task Force Legislative Recommendations. The nine recommendations were developed by the IDEA Task Force, which is composed of 11 active middle level and high school principals or assistant principals and four representatives from institutions of higher education from across the country. This segment explores those recommendations.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.0K 0
May 8, 2009 School Principals Radio
Spencer D. Hansen is currently an assistant principal at Syracuse Junior High School in Davis County, Utah. He is a former middle school self-contained special education teacher who worked with emotionally disturbed youth. He holds a Master of Science degree from Utah State University in Special Education. Les Murray has been an educator for over 35 years and started his career as as special education resource room teacher and is the principal of Amesbury (MA) High School.
More from Gail Connelly
Latest EDwords Articles
- RechargedBy Tim RamseyOctober 21, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media