Reinventing How We Teach Math and Why We Should
Rachael George and Jennifer M. Bay-Williams
|We’ve been teaching math for generations. It’s hard to believe we haven’t been doing it right. Join us to learn what we need to stop doing, start doing, and continue doing to teach math well.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 980 0
February 2, 2019 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Jennifer M. Bay-Williams is a mathematics teacher educator at the University of Louisville, Kentucky. She has written many articles and books related to K–12 mathematics education, including "Math Fact Fluency" (ASCD, 2019) and the popular "Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally" and the related three-book series. Rachael George is the principal of Sandy Grade School in the Oregon Trail School District and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in SchoolsBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 9, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media