Reinventing How We Teach Math and Why We Should
Rachael George and Jennifer M. Bay-Williams
|We’ve been teaching math for generations. It’s hard to believe we haven’t been doing it right. Join us to learn what we need to stop doing, start doing, and continue doing to teach math well.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 977 0
February 2, 2019 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Jennifer M. Bay-Williams is a mathematics teacher educator at the University of Louisville, Kentucky. She has written many articles and books related to K–12 mathematics education, including "Math Fact Fluency" (ASCD, 2019) and the popular "Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally" and the related three-book series. Rachael George is the principal of Sandy Grade School in the Oregon Trail School District and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media