Rewards for Academic Performance: A Good Idea?
Rae Pica with Edward Deci, Ph.D., James Windell, M.A., Lisa Guernsey
The notion of offering incentives, including cash rewards, to motivate students to excel academically has arrested the imagination of educators eager to close the achievement gap. Are gold stars, pizza, or cold cash appropriate and effective ways to drive academic performance? Expert opinions and the data are mixed. Tune in and draw your own conclusions.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from Rae Pica
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media