Second Thoughts: Think Arming Teachers Is Crazy? Okay, but Did You Really Think?
Thomas, Dorn,Roberts, Maiers,Whitby, Blair, Blumengarten
|Special Report: Perhaps what’s most crazy about the notion of arming teachers is how most discussions on this important issue are mostly devoid of sober, thoughtful, factual examination. On one extreme, we hear rabid gun supporters encouraging schools to enter an arms race. On the other we see a visceral rejection of the idea so strong that facts are irrelevant. We asked some educators and school security experts to really stop and think about this issue and were surprised by what we found. We think you will be too.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.7K 0
January 2, 2013 School Security Management Channel
Gregory Thomas is former director of security of New York City Schools. Michael Dorn has worked in the field of school safety for 33 years. Dr. Wm. E “Rob” Roberts, former Superintendent of the largest geographical school district in the contiguous U.S. Angela Maiers is a teacher educator, author and advocate. Steven Anderson is the Director of Instructional Technology for the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools. Tom Whitby is founder of #Edchat, and NYSCATE Network. Nancy Blair is a former teacher and middle school administrator. Jerry Blumengarten taught in the NYC public schools for 32 years.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media