Self Interest: The Key to Student Engagement
Matt Miller and Jed Dearybury withSean McComb
Our guest teaches a class created to support the individual interests and needs of students. In this segment we discuss the tools he uses to engage students.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.4K 0
June 16, 2015 Hooked! Captivating Students
Sean McComb teaches English and AVID students at Patapsco High School and Center for the Arts in Baltimore MD. He is the 2014 National Teacher of the Year. He serves as an adjunct faculty member at Towson University and supports pre-service teachers to develop the habits of effective teaching. He blogs at mccombsview.wordpress.com.
More from J. Dearybury
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media