Shocked, Sad, Angry: Coping with School Tragedies: What Do We Do Now?
Rae Pica with George A. Bonanno, Dr. Joyce Valenza, Marilyn Anderson Rhames, Nick Provenzano
|We are shocked, deeply saddened and angered when senseless violence occurs in schools, hurting children and teachers. What are the best ways to respond? What should you do individually? Where do we find comfort? What is the path forward? What should we do as a community?|
Share 1.2K 0
December 10, 2012 Teachers' Aid
George A. Bonanno is a professor of clinical psychology at Columbia University, Teachers College, and author of The Other Side of Sadness: What the New Science of Bereavement Tells Us About Life After a Loss. Dr. Joyce Valenza is the teacher-librarian at Springfield Township High School. Marilyn Anderson Rhames is a science teacher and Education Week blogger. Nicholas Nick Provenzano is a high school English teacher and education commentator.
More from Rae Pica
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Tim RamseyDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Tim RamseyNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Raquel RiosNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media