Spotlight on North Carolina’s Implementation of Common Core Standards
Steven Weber, Darren Burris, with June Atkinson
In this episode, we check up on the progress of Common Core implementation in the state of North Carolina.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Eric Luedtke @EricLuedtke
Share 2.9K 0
September 11, 2015 Common Core
June Atkinson, the first woman elected as State Superintendent of Public Instruction, is serving her third term. She oversees 1.5 million students in over 2,500 public schools. She served as a teacher, state education official, and national leader and is currently the President for the National Council of Chief State School Officers. Under Atkinson’s leadership, North Carolina’s high school graduation rate has gone from 68 percent to over 84 percent, the highest in the state’s history.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media