Spotlight on North Carolina’s Implementation of Common Core Standards
Steven Weber, Darren Burris, with June Atkinson
In this episode, we check up on the progress of Common Core implementation in the state of North Carolina.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Eric Luedtke @EricLuedtke
Share 2.9K 0
September 11, 2015 Common Core
June Atkinson, the first woman elected as State Superintendent of Public Instruction, is serving her third term. She oversees 1.5 million students in over 2,500 public schools. She served as a teacher, state education official, and national leader and is currently the President for the National Council of Chief State School Officers. Under Atkinson’s leadership, North Carolina’s high school graduation rate has gone from 68 percent to over 84 percent, the highest in the state’s history.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- That Kid at the Back! Scholar In Waiting, Now Scholar!By Rita WirtzJuly 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media