Spotlight on North Carolina’s Implementation of Common Core Standards
Steven Weber, Darren Burris, with June Atkinson
In this episode, we check up on the progress of Common Core implementation in the state of North Carolina.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Eric Luedtke @EricLuedtke
Share 2.9K 0
September 11, 2015 Common Core
June Atkinson, the first woman elected as State Superintendent of Public Instruction, is serving her third term. She oversees 1.5 million students in over 2,500 public schools. She served as a teacher, state education official, and national leader and is currently the President for the National Council of Chief State School Officers. Under Atkinson’s leadership, North Carolina’s high school graduation rate has gone from 68 percent to over 84 percent, the highest in the state’s history.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raise Your Hand If You Want to be a Teacher! What… Nobody?By Debra PierceNovember 19, 2019
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media