Spotlight on North Carolina’s Implementation of Common Core Standards
Steven Weber, Darren Burris, with June Atkinson
In this episode, we check up on the progress of Common Core implementation in the state of North Carolina.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Eric Luedtke @EricLuedtke
Share 2.9K 0
September 11, 2015 Common Core
June Atkinson, the first woman elected as State Superintendent of Public Instruction, is serving her third term. She oversees 1.5 million students in over 2,500 public schools. She served as a teacher, state education official, and national leader and is currently the President for the National Council of Chief State School Officers. Under Atkinson’s leadership, North Carolina’s high school graduation rate has gone from 68 percent to over 84 percent, the highest in the state’s history.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Emily Caruso ParnellMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
- Relationship Building Is Not a ConsequenceBy Tim RamseyMarch 2, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media